Want to Know How To Start a Blog In 2022?
You’ve come to the right place.
In this blog post, you’ll learn how to start a blog in under 20 minutes with just basic technical skills.
Starting a blog is not a tough task nowadays, in fact, anyone can start a blog from their comfort nowadays.
Unlike the olden days when we used to hard code to build a website or even a small blog.
Well, This is not the case today, Today we have Content management systems designed specifically for building a great blog.
The most popular CMS is WordPress.org and Google’s Blogger(Blogspot).
Blogging allows you to live a boss FREE life, Work from anywhere you want around the world with a laptop and there’s no time schedule, you work on your own time.
That’s the biggest benefit of Blogging. And yeah most importantly, You can be your own boss.
I’ve been blogging professionally for the past 3 years and making decent money from blogging.
And I’m very glad that you made it here and you are reading this article because you also want to change something. aren’t you?
This is the first step towards your personal and financial success. and trust me, after you will start your very first blog, you will not be the same person anymore.
I will not say that you will instantly start making $10,000 passive income, but I can guarantee you that if you follow the exact same strategies that I am about to show you in the below steps, you will start making some decent money in the next couple of months and then later you can scale it over time and grow it into a full-fledged business over time.
But hey it’s very possible to take your blog to $10,000 or $100,000 or even $1,000,000 per month, there are people who have already done that. And living a boss-free life. and you can do it too.
Here’s the income report of Neil Patel, He earns $1500 every day on average from his blog from affiliate commissions alone.
Sounds good? So let’s get started.
Note: Blogging is a real business and it takes enormous amounts of effort from your side. If you truly want something out of it. I must warn you that Blogging is not easy money and it’s definitely not a get-rich-quick scheme.
In this blog post, I will teach you How To Start a Blog in 2021 in just under 20 minutes in 10 easy-to-follow steps.
Anyone can start a blog by following the 10 Steps mentioned below
How To Start a Blog In 2022
- Step 1: Choose a Niche For Your Blog
- Step 2: Choose a Name For Your Blog
- Step 3: Get a Domain Name And Hosting
- Step 4: Install WordPress
- Step 5: Do Basic WordPress Settings
- Step 6: Install a Good WordPress Theme
- Step 7: Install All The Essential WordPress Plugins
- Step 8: Write Your First Blog Post
- Step 9: Make Money From Your Blog
- Step 10: BONUS Blogging TIPS
So let’s get into the detail of each of the steps mentioned above.
1. Choose a Niche For Your Blog
Choosing a Niche for your blog is the most important step for creating a blog. In Fact, this is the very first thing professional bloggers do when they start a new blog.
A Niche is a topic or subtopic about which you will write in your blog.
If someone writes about Health and fitness on his blog then it will be called a Fitness blog.
If someone writes about Technology on his blog then it will be called a Technology blog.
So choose your blog’s Niche and then start writing blog posts in that niche, that’s the idea.
And you shouldn’t post anything that goes beyond the scope of your niche or outside the niche of your blog. This may hamper your blog’s growth in the long run.
Here are some golden tips for choosing your blog niche
Below are some of the Proven tips that will help you choose a perfect niche for your blog.
1. Choose a niche about which you can write about
Selecting a Niche is the most important thing you should keep in mind while Creating a blog.
Because if you choose a niche about which you are not passionate, then you will lose your interest, and you will quit soon.
So choose a niche that you’re interested in and can write about.
2. Choose a niche that has some commercial intent
You want to make money from your blog right?
Here commercial intent will play the most important factor because no one wants to start a blog that doesn’t generate revenue.
Commercial intent Niche means a niche whose audience buys something.
let’s say you have a blog about fashion, and you write about fashion and different fashion products and trends on your blog.
So it’s obvious that people who are reading your Articles buy products related to fashion, that’s why they are reading your content right?
So you can write a review about a product or a service related to fashion and put your affiliate links for that product in your article.
So whenever someone makes a purchase from the link in your article, you will be rewarded a handsome commission.
That’s what I mean by commercial intent Niche. And the earning potential of these commercial intent niches is also high.
- Figure out all the niches that have commercial intent
- Check whether you’re passionate about writing on that niche.
- Finalize your favorite niche and start working on that niche
- Check if there are enough products that you can promote as an affiliate in that niche.
- Check the competition of that Niche
- Check the earning potential in that niche
Some niches are extremely hard to generate revenue. Like in Quotes or Shayari niche, no one buys anything on that niche, and no one bothers to spend money for some SMS or quotes, so it will be hard for you to monetize such type of niches, and the only monetization option in such blogs is AdSense.
So choose your blog’s niche which has multiple revenue source potential.
3. Start a blog in a niche that solves people’s problems
Imagine you started a blog, you wrote content, started promoting your articles, and then no one reads it, and your blog dies, This happens when you start a blog on a niche that has no demand
So to avoid this thing happening with your blog, you need to write about things that people search for.
Pro tip: Always start your blog in Entertainment, money, problem–solving, Health, Passion related Niches or sub Niches, or Micro niches.
Because these are the things about which people are most worried.
- Entertainment – people spend money on entertainment, that’s why people buy Netflix.
- Money – People want to make money, that’s why they consume information about making money, sell them information products
- Problem Solving – People want to Get out of depression, and buy Ebooks to solve their problems.
- Health – people want to stay healthy, and they buy health supplements online.
- Passion – people want to learn a new hobby, whether it be learning to play the guitar or any other passion for that matter.
So as you can see, the above markets have a lot of possibilities, choose your niche that falls under any of the markets as mentioned above, because these are the things about which people care.
You can further dig deep into demands by doing keyword research and trends research, which we will discuss later in this blog post.
So start a blog that solves someone’s problem and about which people are interested, solve a real-life problem through your blog.
★ Bonus tip for finding the Niche for your Blog
Check all the marketplaces including Amazon, Flipkart, forums, Quora, Reddit, and Affiliate marketplaces.
Check for all the categories they have, and what products they are selling, and see if you can start a blog about those categories.
Doing this small homework, you will get an idea about what products exists for what niche, and you will also determine the demand for a specific niche.
Read Our Detailed Guide: How to Find a Profitable Niche For Your Blog (Proven Method)
2. Come Up With a Name For Your Blog
the next step is to come up with a Good name for your blog, This will also be the domain name of your blog or your website’s address.
★ Some tips for Coming up with a Good name for your blog
- Come up with a short, easy-to-remember name for your blog.
- That name should be unique
- The name should be somewhat relatable to your niche, for example: if my blog is in the Tech niche then I would have named it Technocruze.com or something like that.
- So as you can see that the domain name somewhat matches the niche, and anyone will be able to tell that it is a tech blog, so name your blog accordingly
- Your Blog Name / Domain name should contain your niche keyword.
- Your Blog name should be under 12 letters, this will help you get a shorter domain name example: Technocruze is 12 characters long and is short as well, and it is also easy to remember.
- Check the availability of that name in social media and also check the availability of the TLD of the domain name like .com is available or not or .in is available or not of that name etc.
- You can also name your blog as your name, but here the problem that may arise is, sometimes the TLD of the name is already taken, and social media handles are already taken.
Precaution: whatever the name you finalize for your blog, after finalizing check if the TLD (.com) domain name extension is available or not and if social media handles are available or not using Namechk.com
PRO TIP: don’t be too hard on finding names, and don’t stress this process too much because it’s not about the name, it’s all about the work you will do on your blog.
Because you’re a reader of Bloggingify we want to offer you Two more PRO TIPS that are super awesome and something which is going to blow your mind.
Are you ready for those PRO TIPS?
PRO TIP 1: Check the name that you have selected for your blog in Namechk.com, This tool will allow you to find all the available domain name extensions and social media handles related to the name that you selected for your blog.
PRO TIP 2: if you’re having trouble finding a name for your blog then go to Leandomainsearch.com, here you can enter the keyword that you want to name your blog with and it will show you all of the different Name suggestions that you can name for your blog.
And after you got a cool Name from LeanDomainSearch.com for your blog, then you can use Namechk.com to check whether that domain name and the social media handles for that name are available or not.
Did you like this tip? C’MON I know you loved this tip.
Ok so now let’s move on to our next step.
3. Get a Domain Name And Hosting For Your Blog
A domain name and a hosting account are the two most important elements of your blog.
And these are the two things that virtually guarantee the success of your blog.
Choose crappy hosting and your website speed and experience will suffer.
Choose a crappy domain name and your visitors will have a hard time remembering your domain name and your brand name.
What is a Domain name?
A domain name is the web address of your blog.
For example, https://bloggingify.com/ is the address of my blog. People type that to visit my blog.
So https://bloggingify.com/ is my domain name here.
And that .com behind my blog’s name is the TLD domain extension.
And you should always aim to get the .com extension for your domain name because it is widely used and trusted worldwide.
When you tell your brand’s name to a new person they automatically tend to assume that your website or blog will be yourdomainname.com.
So you can guess how important it is to get a .com domain name and the popularity of a .com domain extension.
What is a Hosting?
Hosting is a computer that will host all your website files.
Whenever someone types in your domain name at the search bar of the browser, it will send a request to your Website’s hosting server to access the blog’s files.
Only after that, your blog gets visible to the reader.
So this is the reason the speed of a blog is largely dependent on hosting.
So Choose a Hosting that’s Good enough.
I prefer to use Bluehost Hosting on all the blogs and Websites I create for my clients and me.
And Bluehost is the best Hosting company out there I’ve ever used for starting a blog.
How to choose a domain name?
Here are some golden tips for Choosing a good domain name for your blog
- Your domain name should not be more than 12 letters long
- Choose a domain name with a .com extension ( it’s widely used )
- Avoid using numbers, hyphens, dates, or any special characters on your blog’s domain name. A good domain name only contains letters.
- If you are building a country-specific blog then you can choose domain name extensions like .in .pk .us .eu .au etc.
- If you are creating a blog for specific purpose then there are other domain extensions also like .blog .co .org .edu .gov etc.
- There are also some premium domains that are very costly, If you are a beginner and just starting your very first blog then don’t go for premium domain names.
Choosing the domain name is the same as choosing a name for your website.
Whatever name you have chosen for your blog in the above step, you have to register that name TLD domain name.
For example, you selected your blog’s name as IconicTechs, and now you have to go to any domain registrar and register that domain name.
Precaution: whatever the name you finalize for your blog, after finalizing check if the TLD (.com) domain name extension is available or not and if social media handles are available or not using Namechk.com
How to choose a Hosting Server?
Choosing a Good Hosting service is the most important step in starting a blog.
If you choose the wrong hosting for your blog then your blog will suffer.
- Your blogs speed will be worse
- Your blogs user experience will be worse
- You will never rank in search engines, as Google and other search engines prefer to show Good Websites only in their search results.
- And there are a lot of other problems with crappy hosting services.
So which hosting service provider is best for starting a blog?
I recommend Bluehost Hosting to beginners for starting out their blogs.
I have been in the blogging business for quite some time now and have tested numerous hosting servers over a while.
And I can say that Bluehost Hosting provides the best-shared hosting service for starting out a blog.
I’ve hosted a bunch of my websites in Bluehost and the performance is top-notch.
Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress.org for hosting WordPress Blogs and Websites.
Why I recommend Bluehost Hosting over Other Hosting Providers
So below I’m gonna give my genuine Reviews on Why I recommend Bluehost Hosting over other Hosting Providers.
And Yeah it’s my Unbiased opinion.
- Best Shared Hosting For Beginners
- 24 / 7 / 365 Top-Notch Customer Support
- Fast Loading websites
- Easy-to-use Interface
- Trusted by Clients and Industry experts all around the globe
- Officially Recommended by WordPress.org for Hosting Websites
- Secure than most of the hosting providers
- 518 ms server speed as checked by Hosting Facts (Last 12 months’ data)
- 99.98% uptime guarantee
- hundreds of apps to install from
- unmetered bandwidth, unlimited website storage
- FREE Domain name
- FREE SSL Certificate
- FREE Site migrations
- Best security featured
- Easy to navigate Interface
- Lots of hosting types ranging from Shared hosting to Dedicated servers
- Low Introductory Pricing, only $2.75/mo
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Officially recommended by wordpress.org
Just follow the below steps for getting a Domain Name and a Hosting account From Bluehost
Step 1: Click Here This is a special discounted link that will take you to the Bluehost website (screenshot attached below) where you will get an instant 60% OFF.
Step 2: Click on Get started button
Step 3: You will be redirected to the pricing page of Bluehost, just select the basic plan as it will be more than enough for a fresh blog. You can also select the other advanced plans if you wish to have more resources and domains hosted.
Step 4: Choose your preferred hosting plan and click on the select button ( I Recommend basic Plan for People who are just starting out )
Step 5: On the next page you will be asked to either register a new domain name or use your existing domain name that you have registered somewhere else.
Step 6: Enter the new domain name that you want to register with and click on the next button.
Step 7: On the next page you will be asked to fill out your important information like your account information, hosting account information, and your payment information. just fill them out and proceed to checkout.
Step 8: After a successful transaction, congratulations you have successfully bought a domain name and a hosting account and you’ve made your first step toward your blogging career.
Step 9: Now Let’s set up your account, click on Create your Account button. and you will be taken to the next page where you have to create a secure password for your Bluehost account. Just create a strong password from there.
Step 10: After that, you will be able to log in to your account and manage important settings.
4. Install WordPress
After you’ve made an account on Bluehost, now you should install WordPress on your domain name and start creating your WordPress Blog.
Why Install WordPress?
WordPress is the best and the most popular blogging platform on the planet,.
Right now more than 455,000,000+ websites around the world use WordPress for blogging and other purposes.
That’s more than 58% Off all websites that are present in this world and every day this number grows as more and more people are starting their blogs with WordPress every day.
Here’s a step-by-step procedure on how to Install WordPress On Bluehost.
Step 1: Log in to your Bluehost account.
Step 2: You will see a page like the screenshot mentioned below, just select your domain name from there and click on the Blue colored WordPress button. And it will start Installing WordPress on your domain name.
Step 3: After the WordPress Installation procedure is done, then you can log in to your WordPress dashboard by going to yoursite.com/wp-admin
Congratulations, the basic procedure is done for creating your blog, now you can check if your blog is live or not by just visiting your domain name.
Your blog will look something like the screenshot attached below.
Don’t worry by the looks of this terrible design, you can customize your blog’s looks later when you will install a new theme.
5. Now Do Some Basic WordPress Settings
Now Come back to your WordPress dashboard and do some important settings.
After Installing WordPress, some basic settings need to be done, for the proper functioning of your WordPress Website.
So here’s what you need to do.
1. Set your blog’s permalink structure.
A permalink structure is the unique address of your blog posts where people can visit and read your blog posts.
By default, the fresh installation of WordPress comes with a Plain permalink structure, you should change it to Post Name.
Here’s how you do it.
Enter WordPress dashboard and Navigate to Settings > Permalinks > Select Post name > Save Settings
2. Set your user profiles
A user profile on WordPress contains some basic yet necessary information about the administrator of the blog, so be sure to fill out all of your necessary details there.
Enter the WordPress dashboard and navigate to users > all users > edit > and fill in all your necessary details > Save Changes.
3. Delete all the preinstalled unnecessary plugins, pages, and posts.
By default, WordPress installs some useless plugins on our blog and we should remove them as they are of minimal to no use to our blog.
4. Set your WordPress Title and Tagline in Settings.
Navigate to Settings > General > Enter your site title and Tagline and save changes
6. Install a Good Theme For Your WordPress Blog
Choosing a Good theme is essential for your WordPress Blog because the Theme plays a huge role in the user interface as well as your Blog’s whole looks.
So choosing a good theme is essential.
While there are lots of FREE as well as paid themes out there for WordPress Blogs, The One theme that I use on all of my blogs is the GeneratePress theme.
Our Top Recommended WordPress Themes
- Generatepress Premium Theme (Recommend)
- Astra Pro Theme (Recommend)
- Elegant Themes
- StudioPress Genesis Framework Themes
Generatepress theme is a Fast Loading SEO-friendly theme that is easy to customize and is well suited for Bloggers and Affiliate Marketers.
I Use Generatepress Themes on all of my Blogs and Websites to ensure that my blogs are Fast loading, and SEO optimized and that User Experience doesn’t get compromised.
In fact, The blog you are reading right now is also using Generatepress Premium Theme.
Also Read: Generate Press Theme Review
If you don’t have a budget to buy the premium theme right now then don’t worry, because there are other good FREE options available on the WordPress repository some of which are mentioned below.
- GeneratePress FREE Version
- Astra FREE
- Ocean WP
- NEVE by Elementor
- Twenty Twenty theme
- and many more
After you Install a WordPress theme, Don’t forget to Customize your Blog’s Theme
Usually, a blog has the Following sections and you should customize your blog accordingly.
- Navigation Menu
- Content Body
- Footer Menu
- Copyright Text
7. Install Essential Plugins For Your WordPress Blog
Plugins help to Extend the functionality of our WordPress websites, below are some of the important plugins that every WordPress Blog/Website Owner should install on their website.
Go to the plugin installation area from your WordPress dashboard and Install some basic plugins
Here are some important plugins you must install after installing WordPress.
- Really Simple SSL
- Akismet Anti Spam
- Contact Form 7
- WP Rocket Caching Plugin
- Social Snap
- Social icons by Wzoom
- RankMath SEO
- OneSignal Push Notifications
- iThemes Security
- Easy Table of Contents
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
8. Write Your First Blog Post
So now that you have created your awesome blog, now it’s time to start writing your blog posts and making them live to the world.
Login to your WordPress dashboard and start writing your blog post.
Here’s how you do it.
After that start writing your blog post, assign it to appropriate categories, and finally publish your first blog post.
Use the Grammarly Chrome extension while writing your blog posts, it will highlight all the spelling and grammar mistakes and then you can correct them later.
Remember, no matter how good your blog looks or how good plugins you have, the only thing that matters is the content on your blog and the value that your readers will get after reading your blog.
So focus on creating Valuable content for your readers at the initial level, and you will succeed and build a massive community.
And a Blogger is also a great marketer too, so also focus on learning and promoting your blog most of the time. most professional bloggers recommend spending 20% time creating content and 80% of their time in promoting content.
Here are some proven ways to promote and bring traffic to your blog.
- Learn, Implement, and Master SEO
- Bring traffic from social media
- Bring traffic from paid ads
- Bring traffic from social bookmarking channels
- Always look forward to guest posts once in a while
- Be an active commenter on blogs of the same niche.
Even if you have the best content in the world, if you don’t have traffic then you will not get the results that you want. and You will not make money too because the blogs which make money are the blogs that have traffic.
So focus on increasing the traffic of your blog more than creating new content. It will be very beneficial in the long run.
Create Important Pages For Your Blog
After you’ve done writing your blog post, now go ahead and create important pages for your blog.
Here are some of the important pages that you must have on your blog.
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Affiliate Disclaimer
- Sitemap Page
9. Make Money From Your Blog
Now here comes the most interesting part, Making Money From a Blog.
Without money coming in from your blogging efforts, I’m sure you wouldn’t continue to blog.
So for us to continue blogging we must fuel our blogging efforts with some revenue.
So how to make money from your Blog?
Well, there are a lot of ways to make money from your blog, let me list down all the ways that you can make money from your blog.
- Freelancing (Designing, Content Writing, and SEO)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Membership Site
- Training and Workshops
- Selling Online Course
- Selling Ebooks
- Paid Webinar
- Selling physical Products
- Sponsored Posts
- Selling ad space on your blog to advertisers
so I mentioned all the methods of earning money through your blog above.
But remember you should create your blog valuable by your valuable content, and money starts to flow in only if your blog provides some value to its readers.
Without value, your blog will never earn a single dollar.
Here are some examples of Blog Monetization techniques live in front of you.
1. Affiliate Marketing Example
I make money from my blog via affiliate marketing and have been making consistent ~ $500+ every month via Blogging and Affiliate Marketing.
In Affiliate Marketing you have to promote someone else’s product on your blog and you get some commission when someone or your website visitor buys something via your affiliate link.
Here are some of my Earnings from a few of the affiliate programs that I promote.
2. Showing Ads On Your Site
The main idea behind this type of monetization technique is that you signup in to an ad network and they will give you some advertisement code and you will add it to your blog then the ads will show up on your website and whenever someone clicks on ads that are shown on your website, you will earn some money.
Ad networks are notoriously known for not paying enough money that’s why I do not use this monetization strategy on my blog, but there are a select few people who are churning out millions of dollars from AdSense ads alone.
Here is an example of an advertisement monetization strategy.
The boxes highlighted in red color are the AdSense ads showing on a website and whenever someone will click on that ad, it will get tracked and you will earn money.
3. Digital Products
Digital Products are the absolute best way of monetizing a blog, In digital products you are likely to earn the most profit and money as compared to other monetization strategies.
In affiliate marketing you are basically helping another person earn money by helping them to sell their product and in return, you get a small commission and most of the profit is kept by the product owner, and in AdSense, you are sending traffic to someone else’s product page. so that’s why you don’t earn much in these monetization methods.
But by selling digital products, you can get to keep the full profit because the product is yours, the system is yours and whenever you make a sale of your digital product, you get full profit money.
That’s why Selling digital products are the best way to make money from a blog and the most profitable way as well.
Here are examples of some blogs using this monetization method.
10. BONUS Blogging TIPS: What To Do Next?
It feels good after starting a blog, but starting a blog and writing posts isn’t enough.
There are some other skills that you need to hone as a blogger to succeed in blogging.
I’m listing below some of the key important things that you need to do after starting your blog.
- Add Google Analytics to your website
- Add your Website to the Google search console
- Start building a network with other bloggers and influencers in your niche.
- Learn keyword research (create content people need)
- Learn to write different types of blog posts.
- Do guest blogging every once in a while
- Build a funnel for your blog
- Improve site structure and navigation regularly
- Regularly update your old blog posts
- Make a list of your all Competitors
- Learn to write better content
- SET blogging goals
- Create all social profiles
- Collect leads, and emails at your blog, create lead magnets and Do Email Marketing
- Create silo structures for your content
- Improve your content writing
- Learn to promote your blog posts
- Create all the necessary pages
- Install an SEO plugin like RankMath.
- Join all the affiliate programs after writing at least 20+ posts
- Get a logo created or create one yourself for your blog.
- Learn SEO – it will help you a lot
- Master off pages SEO and link building
- Build a content strategy
- Avoid some common mistakes
- Have an eye on your competitor’s content
- Research what type of content is popular in your Niche and what performs well in terms of traffic and revenue.
- Start getting traffic from SEO
- Determine your primary traffic source for your blog
- Start taking massive action
- Always focus on making your website load as fast as possible.
- Diversify traffic sources to your blog and also diversify Monetization sources.
- Invest in Premium tools that help in growing your blog
- Understand the buying psychology and funnel of a product to really make good money from Affiliate Marketing.
So now that you have learned How To Start A Blog in 2021, now it’s your turn to go out and start your Blog and make things happen.
Go ahead and start your blog right now, and share it with the world, Make this world a better place with your valuable content.
Some Of The Most Common FAQs Related To Starting a Blog In 2022
What is a blog?
A blog is like an online journal where you can write about stuff that you care about and other people of similar passion or interest can find your blog and read it online anywhere.
How do Beginner Bloggers Make Money?
Most Beginner Blogger Bloggers make Money by Displaying AdSense Ads on their Blogs. Still, there are many other ways to make money from a blog apart from AdSense like Affiliate Marketing, Writing Sponsored Posts, selling consultation on your blog, etc.
Affiliate Marketing is the proffered way to monetize my blogs.
How To Start A Blog for FREE?
Yes you can absolutely start a Blog for FREE with the help of Blogging Platforms like Blogger, Tumblr, Wix, etc, but I will always recommend you to start a blog in WordPress because all those FREE platforms are suitable for only small blogs, and resume type blogs, and you will ultimately end up switching to WordPress so Just Start from WordPress instead.
How much money can you make from blogging?
It’s Totally Depends On Your Work